ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1) Set-up and safely operate welding equipment
2) Ensure all relevant drawings, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing
3) Identify material types to ensure correct welding material is being used
4) Work within very close tolerances to ensure product quality
5) Inspect welding against required specifications
6) Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or standard charts to determine specification procedures
7) Support heat treatment functions as necessary
8) Operate machine safely and completely in accordance with manufacturers’ operating instructions
9) Perform all welding duties which includes, but is not limited to, production welding, project fabrication and re-working of parts
10) Work to avoid rejection and maintain safety and quality at all times
11) Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines
12) Must be willing to work towards continuous improvement of output, quality and delivery
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Basic knowledge of welding techniques and standards
· Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics and work orders
· Must be able to communicate clearly
· Able to work with minimal supervision
· Bilingual a plus
· Dedication to a safe work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 3-5 years of welding experience
· High School diploma or GED
· Valve experience a plus
· One year certificate from a welding or training school or a combination of experience and training
WORK HOURS: Full time, Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. Overtime and weekends as determined by project/company necessity.
· Must be able to move and or lift parts up to 40 pounds
· Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, squat, reach, lift and carry
· The position requires the ability to be able to work nights and/or weekends as determined by project/company necessity
· Drug testing required before employment and randomly thereafter
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Through alliances and partnerships with 28 of the world’s top valve manufacturers, United Valve provides factory authorized valve modifications and repair services to a broad spectrum of distributors and end-users. Our 100,000 sq. ft. facility is located in Houston, Texas, in the heart of the Texas refining and petrochemical belt.
United Valve is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on race, color, religions, sex, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by federal, state and local legislation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: In personHealth insurance
To apply for this job please visit jobstreetus.com.