Hersha Hospitality Management
Opportunity: Security Officer
Perform protective and enforcement functions in a friendly and courteous manner to maintain a safe and secure hotel environment.
Potential Career Path
Security Supervisor/Manager – Director of Security
Essential Job Functions
- Patrol designated hotel areas.
- Respond to disturbances and emergency situations.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
- Prepare incident and other reports and communicate all related information to hotel management.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Complete incident/accident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Escort guests to their rooms or assist guest’s w/entry into their rooms according to hotel standards.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
- Perform bell person tasks and assist guests with luggage.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Prior security experience desirable.
- CPR/First Aid preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching and climbing stairs.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobstreetus.com.