Website Four Points By Sheraton
The Front Desk Agent represents the hotel by providing the highest quality of service to guests. The Front Desk Agent will be responsible for the daily operations of the front desk under the direction of the Front Office Manager and in alignment with the brand standards.
· Provide exceptional guest service, remain high visible and readily available for guests at all time.
· Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
· Program walk-up calls.
· Communicate shift information to managers and associates both verbally and in writing via email log.
· Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
· Report any emergency situations to Front Office Manager, Manager on-Duty or the General Manager.
· Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
· Uses proper telephone etiquette.
· Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
· Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
· Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
· Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
· Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
· Uses Suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
Understands room status and room status tracking.
· Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
· Performs cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, processing paid out’s, and reconciling postings at end of shift.
· Process guest check-outs.
· Coordinate room maintenance requests with the Engineering department.
· Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation policies and procedures.
· Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash handling policies.
· Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
Knows how to use front office equipment.
· Reads company assigned email daily.
· Knows all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
· Understand that business demands dictate how the schedule is made, meaning a rotating schedule, as well as additional or less than normal hours.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must speak, read, write and understand English.
· Minimum one year of hotel front desk experience.
· Hotel experience preferred.
· Basic math or accounting skills.
· Must have good problem solving skills.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
Must able to lift, push, move, or pull object weighted up to 25 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
To keep our employee as safe as possible, we’ve installed clear plastic barriers, and provided masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
- Hotel: 1 year (Required)
- Hotel Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
About Four Points By Sheraton
CEO: Michael George
Revenue: $1 to $5 million (USD)
Size: 1 to 50 Employees
To apply for this job please visit www.jobstreetus.com.