Website The Original Factory Shop
Retail Director – UK Wide
We currently have an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced Retail Director to join our Senior Leadership Team. As Retail Director you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s retail operations. You will provide leadership and communication to store and field based colleagues and you are responsible for the retail business performance, motivating and leading your teams to ensure the business maximises competitive advantage at store level.
- Developing strategies to increase store traffic and sales.
- Analyse sales reports and financial statements to make informed decisions about store operations.
- Planning and managing budgets to ensure that costs are controlled while generating enough revenue to meet objectives.
- Measuring performance against predetermined goals and objectives to ensure that all objectives are met.
- Identify local business opportunities for new openings / extensions.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maximize profitability by developing and executing strategies in merchandising, operations, marketing, and human resources.
- Identifying opportunities to improve operations by studying industry trends and customer preferences.
- Providing leadership and guidance to management teams to ensure that each region, store and/or department functions efficiently.
- Creating a company culture that promotes customer service and satisfaction in all aspects of the business.
- Effectively communicate company vision, values, and goals to store teams.
- Corporate performance, key KPIs, progress against plan (store/ region).
- Ongoing informal feedback of product/range opportunities.
- Formal and informal feedback on a regular basis to the MD and onwards to the Board where appropriate.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of Regional Business Development Managers.
- Facilitate the spreading of best practise by holding regular RBDM meetings and delegating key tasks to encourage succession and development.
- Ensure all personnel understand the importance of colleague training being completed to the required standards.
- Develop succession plans to fill Store Manager positions with RBDM’s based on requirements.
- Ensure new stores are launched with the right quality of people and trained to the identified standard.
- Substantial experience in a leadership role in the retail industry.
- You will have had previous experience in leading a large operational team.
- Proven track record of increasing sales and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- You should have the ability to engage with others through great communication skills, by building strong relationships (across large and different teams), as well as create impact and be able to influence others.
- You will be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment as well as be able with ambiguity.
About The Original Factory Shop
CEO: Phil Briggs
Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable
Size: 1001 to 5000 Employees
Type: Company – Private
Year Founded: 1969