Website South Gloucestershire Council
How you’ll make a difference
It will be key for you to act as the first point of contact for all enquiries relating to the Service Director and actively managing diary appointments, emails, phone calls and paperwork.
You will liaise with internal and external partners of all levels on a daily basis on the behalf of the Service Director including contact with members and colleagues from different departments and organisations.
You will work without close supervision in a flexible, outcomes-based manner using mobile technology to work remotely. This includes having an information security and governance mindset.
You’ll exercise strict confidentiality dealing with sensitive matters including using systems to log relevant information.
It will be your responsibility to draft and send communications on the behalf of the Service Director as required, using strong IT and literacy skills. This will require attending meetings and making notes for meetings as appropriate.
Assisting the Service Director and team managers with the collation and organisation of service information on personnel, plans, processes and performance.
At times you will also, provide all other PA support services to the Service Directors as required, remaining flexible and responsive on a daily basis.
What we need from you
- Given the duties of this role you will have experience of working as a PA to a senior manager.
- You will require good literacy skills including written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collate and communicate information effectively with colleagues, members and other parties at all levels.
- You will enjoy being forward thinking and have good planning, preparation and task management skills to assist with diary management and meeting requirements.
- You will have a National Vocational Qualification (level 3) Administrative or equivalent and a minimum of 50 wpm typing
- You will have good influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate with people from a range of different backgrounds to achieve a desired result.
- Ideally you will have experience of collaborations tools such as Skype, Teams, Planner and yammer, working on single documents with colleagues and more generally use of the Web, search, e-commerce, CRM, information dashboards and analytics.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
- We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance.
- We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
- As part of our benefits package you will receive generous annual leave (pro rata), employee wellbeing support and you will have access to a range of staff discounts, including eye tests, travel, shopping and leisure activities
- We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
- We’re providing essential services across our internal network to ensure we can fully support our community.
- We’re positive and forward thinking, always looking for new and innovative ways of working work and we’re ambitious about the future.
About South Gloucestershire Council
CEO: Dave Perry
Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable
Size: 1001 to 5000 Employees
Year Founded: 1996