Website The Springs Nursing Center
The Springs Nursing and Rehab Center located in Hot Springs VA. Is a 60 bed long term care and rehab center. We are looking for our next awesome Director of Rehab.
This person should be a licensed physical therapist or speech therapist with long term care experence prefered.
Pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
The Director of Rehabilitation reports to the Chief Administrative officer and is responsible for managing the Rehabilitation Department in compliance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and established policies and procedures to ensure that specialized rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational, and speech language therapies, are provided to each resident who requires them to prevent avoidable physical and mental deterioration and to assist them in obtaining or maintaining their highest practicable level of functioning and psychosocial well-being.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervision of Rehabilitation Staff in fulfillment of department programs and activities within budget, with high quality and on schedule.
· Supervises rehabilitation staff with direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary recommendations, and performance appraisals.
· Review rehabilitation department punch detail reports on a daily basis. Promptly research and submit missed punch forms, PTO requests, etc. as needed to correct daily punches. Sign all punch detail reports, missed punch forms, and PTO requests to authorize payment.
· Enhance company posture on EEO/ADA by making a good faith effort to recruit, select, develop, and retain protected class employees.
· Assure all rehabilitation staff attends required training in hazardous communications and safety.
· Determine appropriate staffing levels and approve PTO requests for all direct reports.
· Orient and train staff in proper work practices upon hire.
· Conduct and evaluate retraining and refresher training for all rehabilitation staff, as needed.
· Monitor department staff to assure that they are following established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
· Monitor rehabilitation staff’s adherence to Employee Handbook policies and procedures. Provide appropriate counseling and discipline as needed.
· Ensure the rehabilitation staff actively participants in fire, safety and disaster preparedness drills.
· Maintain safe working conditions and practices throughout the department.
· Interpret and explain the facility’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, etc. as necessary.
· Promote an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment, throughout the facility.
· Maintain positive relations with residents, their families, and support staff to assure that residents’ needs are continually met.
· Work closely with the Corporate Rehabilitation Manager to attain optimal results.
Ensure rehabilitation involvement in quality improvement initiatives and health/safety programs.
Lead rehabilitation participation in the development of facility-wide quality improvement processes and procedures.
Lead rehabilitation participation in processing relating to health and safety issues.
Support quality improvement training and development for rehabilitation staff. Encourage wide participation in activities and projects.
Implement and oversee comprehensive clinical audit programs to ensure adherence to all regulatory guidelines.
Oversee and maintain a comprehensive, organized clinical documentation system.
Ensure appropriate protocols and clinical practice guidelines are documented and regularly reviewed.
Review and submit resident Daily Service Records as required, ensuring appropriate billing practices and timely submission for payment.
Manage PPS system.
Manage PPS System.
Actively participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and facilitate PPS meetings on a routine basis.
Ensure services are granted to the appropriate residents within the Medicare Part A Benefit Plan.
Complete appropriate sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) in an accurate and timely fashion.
Ensure timely and accurate recording of rehabilitation documentation in an informative and descriptive manner.
· Ensure that all entries on notes, charts, etc. are recorded in an informative and descriptive manner.
· Ensure that only authorized abbreviations established by the facility are used when recording information.
· Ensure proper documentation of all services and responses to services as mandated by applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and established policies and procedures.
Assist in preparing an annual operating budget for approval by the Chief Administrative Officer and allocate department resources to carry out department objectives within established budget.
Assist in preparing and planning the Rehabilitation Department’s budget for equipment, supplies and labor.
Review and interpret monthly department financial statements and take appropriate corrective action in response to variances and trends in order to conform to the approved budget.
Maintain current written records of department expenditures and assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted as necessary.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
The Director of Rehabilitation reports to and receives general direction from the Chief Administrative Officer and works in close partnership with the Corporate Rehabilitation Manager.
Must possess a current, unencumbered license, registration or certification as required by law in one of the following areas: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, or Speech-Language Pathologist.
Must have a working knowledge of rehabilitation services and practices, including the ability to recall important and commonly used information in source documents, and an understanding of the application of the pertinent principles in this field.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must possess adequate vision and hearing to perform essential job duties.
Must be able to safely lift, transfer, and assist patients as needed, several times per day.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move freely throughout the facility, both in-doors and out-doors.
Must be able to carry objects to multiple locations, safely push wheelchairs and patient beds and reach above head level several times per day.
Must be able to perform tasks requiring mental reasoning, sequencing and discrimination.
Must be able to perform math calculations.
Works in office areas, as well as throughout the facility. Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends and holidays to meet the demands of the facility and the position. Must be able to travel as needed. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents and family members. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations:Covid Vaccinations are requiredMasks are required
Ability to commute/relocate:
Hot Springs, VA 24445: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In personHealth insurance
To apply for this job please visit jobstreetus.com.