Trenitalia c2c Limited
Here at c2c we take pride in being an award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. Our customers never stand still and neither do we. We anticipate, innovate and flex around our customer’s needs and it takes a great team to do this.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to provide exceptional support to our MD, our leadership team and be the key contact and liaison for the directorate overall. As the PA to the MD you will provide proactive, efficient administrative and personal support as well as ad hoc support to Executive team. You will have superb PA skills and will be an empathetic, diplomatic, warm and an effective communicator. You always aim to be one step ahead and ensure responsibilities are delivered in a timely and accurate manner. In return, this role offers the right person huge amounts of scope and variety in a collaborative, fun, lively working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive diary and administrative support to the Managing Director for c2c and Managing Director for Trenitalia UK and other Business Director, managing their contacts, meetings, appointments, and commitments
- Manage email correspondence, requests and enquiries in a timely manner ensuring that priority items requiring personal attention of the Managing Director are flagged.
- Prepare presentations, letters, and collate and produce a monthly board report
- Coordinate internal and external meetings
- Coordinate and support the activities of the c2c Executive team as required
- Prepare expenses, raise purchase orders, invoices and ad hoc payments
- Organise team events and meetings, managing invitations, agenda and all other organisational arrangements
- Act as a point of contact and build cross functional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Arrange hotel accommodation, external meeting facilities, business travel etc on behalf of the Executive Team and HQ staff
- Other ad hoc office duties specific to HQ such as booking meeting rooms, supplying food and drink at meetings, procurement of office supplies and arranging post and courier services
What is takes:
- Demonstrable experience as a PA/Administrator at a senior/director level
- A well-presented, articulate individual able to cultivate contacts, establish and maintain internal relationships at all levels
- Exceptional organisational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be computer literate including MS Office & Google Suite
- Ability to use own initiative and takes ownership
- Should have an excellent and positive “can do attitude” and a great team player and supporter
- Able to work in a busy and pressurised environment providing a discreet and personalised service
- Demonstrate a high degree of judgement in working with confidential information and being able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Minute taking advantageous but not essential
What we offer:
- Attractive salary £38K – £43K dependent on experience
- Final salary pension scheme
- 25 days plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England
- Free travel on c2c and discounted travel on other National Rail services
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
To apply for this vacancy, visit https://www.c2c-online.co.uk/careers-at-c2c/
Your response to “why should we choose you” is a crucial part of your application/or a cover letter opportunity. It should highlight your skills and experience relative to the specific job and demonstrate how you would be suitable and how you can contribute to the role.
A good statement usually includes:
- An opening paragraph which starts with a good strong opening statement and explains why you have decided to apply
- Middle paragraph detailing your relevant experience, knowledge, skills and interests. Provide examples to highlight your attributes. Use the STAR/CAR technique for your examples
- A conclusion which sums up what you have to offer
The closing date for this role is Sunday 22nd January 2023
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information provided.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender as we strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £38,000.00-£43,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free or subsidised travel
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secretary: 3 years (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London
Reference ID: REQ10103
Expected start date: 13/02/2023