Why not join a local growing online Pet Supplies retailer on our very exciting journey? Immediate start available for the right candidate.
We are looking for a Finance / Admin Assistant to join our busy team full time. Working week is Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 6am to 6.30pm. We’re happy to be somewhat flexible with the hours to mutually benefit us both.
Pay is based on experience and qualifications.
- Responsible for providing a broad spectrum of finance administration
- Uploading invoices to Sage
- Helping with the VAT return and the annual accounts
- Flexibility to support other areas of the business
- Customer service by telephone and email
- Checking deliveries
- Reconciling finances
- Chasing supplies for credit notes and report errors and damage on the deliveries.
- Competent typing speed and IT Skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Good Excel knowledge is required, including the use of formulas such as vlookup, sumif and pivot tables. Some training will be given if necessary but a good base is essential and the ability to pick up IT skills fast.
- Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly and adapt
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative as well as a team member
- Strong communicator on email and on the phone
- Good listener
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Very strong customer focus
- Ability to problem solve
- Must love animals especially dogs as we have 2 on site
Desirable but non essential skills
- Experience working in finance
- Have some accountancy or finance exams complete or partially complete
- Knowledge of Sage or other accountancy software
- VAT return and Annual Returns experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
- What is your earliest available start date?
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: One location