Website KLC School of Design
WEST DEAN COLLEGE OF ARTS & CONSERVATION
HOURS/DAYS: PART TIME
Part-time hours are available of 28 hours per week, to be worked between Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.00 with the occasional Saturday on a Rota basis. There is the option that 40% of the hours can be worked remotely.
SALARY: £11.04per hour
CONTRACT TYPE: PERMANENT
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 January 2023
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation is part of The Edward James Foundation, a registered charity which also comprises of West Dean Gardens, West Dean Estate and West Dean Tapestry Studio. The College has three academic Schools: The School of Arts and the School of Conservation, based at West Dean, and the School of Design, based at Chelsea Harbour, London.
This role is based in West Dean, on the 6,400 acre West Dean Estate in beautiful West Sussex countryside just north of Chichester (on the number 60 bus route). The historic house, collections and the stunning grounds and gardens make West Dean College a truly unique and beautiful place to work.
We are growing as a team and are recruiting for a part time Bookings Administrator. We are looking for candidates with excellent administration, organisation and customer service skills to join our friendly Bookings Team.
The role is to process incoming bookings and enquiries, primarily for courses and accommodation, delivering excellent customer service while maximising bookings and administrative efficiency.
The main duties include to
1. Deal with bookings in an efficient and timely way, ensuring quality service.
2. Respond to course booking enquires, providing accurate and timely information on course availability and alternatives, ensuring students receive all relevant course and booking information in order to maximise the booking possibility and students experience.
3. Be responsible for updating and maintaining records of all communication related to potential and existing bookings.
4. Liaise with internal departments to ensure the smooth and exemplary booking of an individual, including accommodation and individual needs such as dietary and mobility requirements.
5. Deal with complaints in an effective and timely manner in consultation with Residential Services Manager.
Crucial to the role is the ability to converse with our visitors in an engaging and professional manner, and have a solutions focused approach. Confidentiality is key, as is the need to be able to prioritise effectively and work under pressure.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required alongside strong administrative, organisational and numeracy skills. Previous experience in a customer service/sales role is essential.
In recognition for hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 33 days holiday (full time equivalent, pro rata for part time)
- Pension (we’ll match you up to 7.5%)
- Life Assurance (up to 6 x annual salary)
- Company Sick Pay (pro rata for part time)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discount off short courses, retail and restaurant
- Salary sacrifice schemes: cycle to work
- Free on-site parking
For further information, the full job description, person specification and terms and conditions of employment, please visit:
https://www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-us or email us directly
Applicants for the post are invited to send a full CV and covering letter demonstrating how their experience and skills meet the requirements within the Person Specification of the Job Description.
Please note, early applications are preferable, and interviewing may commence prior to the closing date.
Inclusivity & Diversity Statement:
West Dean College of Arts & Conservation values the diversity of its staff and students. We aspire to be a fully inclusive and representative employer and do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, faith or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our teams at West Dean College of Arts & Conservation.
At The Edward James Foundation we take privacy very seriously and have reviewed all our records and processes to ensure that we are fully meeting the data protection standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018. Full details regarding how we collect, process and store personal information about you is available on our website: https://www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-us
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Salary: £16,074.24 per year
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Day shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chichester, PO18 0QZ
Application deadline: 31/01/2023
About KLC School of Design
Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable
Size: 51 to 200 Employees
Type: Company – Private